The Systems, Tactics, and Force Development (STF) division provides classical warfare analyses to the Navy and the Department of Defense focused on systems and platforms at the tactical level to address great power competition.
Experts in this division conduct quantitative analyses of fleet systems and multi-mission platforms to develop performance estimates against China, Russia and other threats. The division analyzes and assesses combinations of networks, sensors, weapons and platforms to provide maritime warfighting capabilities in all warfare areas, under realistic conditions for current operations and future force architectures.
- Undersea Warfare
- Surface Warfare
- Strike and Air Warfare
- Cyber, IT Systems, and Networks
Areas of Focus:
- System, platform and force tactical development
- Surface action groups and carrier strike groups
- Counter-A2/AD (anti-access/area denial) systems
- Capability gaps
- Future force architectures and modernization
- Weapons system operational evaluation
- System interoperability
- Performance modeling in operational conditions