At CNA, we value our employees and our benefit plans are a key component of the total compensation program. We offer a variety of benefit plans designed to meet both your current and future needs. Our flexible benefits program allows you to take care of what matters to you. As a full-time employee or a part-time benefits-eligible employee (working 40 or more hours per pay period), you will be eligible to participate in the following plans (unless otherwise noted). In most instances, coverage is available for both you and your dependents (spouse, domestic partner, and children).
- Medical: We offer medical insurance through Cigna and Kaiser Mid-Atlantic. There are three (3) Cigna medical plans available and one Kaiser plan available. The Cigna plans utilize the same network (Open Access Plus (OAP)), and Kaiser has its own network of providers and facilities.
- Dental: The Delta Dental PPO plus Premium plan provides comprehensive coverage with nationwide networks. The large network gives you access to more in-network dentists, making it easier for you to reduce out-of-pocket costs for covered procedures and treatments.
- Vision: Vision services from VSP include eye examinations, eyeglasses, and contact lenses. Enrolling in VSP Choice can provide you with savings on eye exams and eyewear, and discounts on laser vision correction.
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D): CNA provides basic life and basic AD&D insurance that is equal to 100 percent of your annual salary, up to a maximum of $450,000. CNA offers supplemental life and supplemental AD&D insurance, as well as optional dependent life insurance coverage.
- Disability: Full-time employees are eligible for disability insurance, which protects them against a total loss of income when they are unable to work due to an extended illness, injury, or medical condition. Coverages include short-term disability (STD), base long-term disability (LTD), and supplemental LTD.
- Eligible employees may elect to put a percentage of salary, through payroll deductions, into a 403(b) defined contribution retirement plan on a pre-tax and/or after-tax basis up to the annual IRS limit. CNA will generously match contributions at varying levels based on length of service. All employee and company matching contributions to the 403(b) are immediately 100% vested upon enrollment.
- CNA offers this benefit to employees through Fidelity Investments and TIAA. Both companies provide a range of investment options, tools, and resources to help you plan for retirement, and CNA arranges onsite guidance/counseling for retirement investing.
- Paid Leave:
- Full-time employees are eligible for nine (9) paid holidays per year.
- Paid time off (PTO) is accrued based on years of service.
- Leave is given for bereavement, jury duty, and military duty.
- Full-time employees are eligible for ten (10) days of paid Parental Leave within one year of date of birth or placement through adoption or foster care.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): If you sign up for an FSA, you elect an annual, pre-tax amount to be deducted from your paycheck that you can use to pay for certain health care and dependent care expenses.
- Tuition Assistance: The program provides full-time employees with advance payment or reimbursement of expenses for undergraduate or graduate tuition, lab fees, and books.
- Financial Services:
- Employees may enroll in "workplace banking" with PNC Bank.
- Employees have access to free credit union memberships with Navy Federal, NASA, and Pentagon.
- Employees can get discounts on auto/home/renter insurance through Liberty Mutual.
- Other Programs and Services:
- Onsite gym; yoga classes
- Wellness programs & activities
- Mother's room for nursing mothers
- Flexible work arrangements, with supervisor's approval
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Benefits assistance through the Benefits Resource Center
- Business travel accident insurance
- Additional corporate discounts and special offerings.
Note: Plans are arranged by CNA and this information highlights some of the features of CNA’s benefit plans. The official plan documents actually govern your rights and benefits under each plan. If any discrepancy exists between this information and the plan documents, the actual legal plan documents or company policy will prevail. Plan provisions and eligibility do not constitute an employment contract with any individual. CNA reserves the right to amend, change, or end any of the benefits at any time. Coverage may vary from state to state according to state-mandated benefits.