With commitments of time, kindness and boundless energy, CNA employees make a difference in the quality of their communities and in the lives of their friends, neighbors, and those in need.
Dr. Ann Miller works with the Arlington Science Focus School to pair CNA mentors with students who need a little extra help. Watch below to learn more about CNA's mentoring program.
The Educational & Charitable Fund Committee (ECFC) reflects the spirit of giving back that is felt throughout CNA. The ECFC pursues efforts to:
- Establish CNA as a positive, responsible civic partner and contribute to cultural and human service activities that enrich the quality of life in the community
- Promote the arts, health, education, welfare, and environment in the community
- Identify and implement charitable activities to serve community needs
- Encourage and facilitate employee involvement in community work and reinforce the public-interest ethic to which CNA is dedicated
- Help fellow employees overcome catastrophic or temporary financial hardship
Charitable work carried out by the dedicated men and women of CNA include: clothing and food drives, book sales, raffles, winter coat drives, disaster relief work, art sales, drives to collect school supplies, and holiday gift drives.
Through a unique arrangement with the Department of the Navy, CNA also participates in the federal government's Combined Federal Campaign for the National Capital Area, giving employees another means to support local and national charities through large and small donations that, collectively, help to make the campaign successful year after year. This year, CNA received a Merit Award from the CFC for surpassing our 2017 goal and raising a total of over $90,600.