In this report, the CNA Military Advisory Board (CNA MAB) explores the growing challenges presented by the links that tie the nation’s current energy posture to its economy and national security. We address the po- tential opportunities that could result from the transition to a clean energy technology-based economy and the key role that the Department of Defense (DOD) can play to support innovation and commercialization of clean, low carbon energy, thereby directly contributing to America’s future economic competitiveness and bolstering national security.
The specific questions addressed in this report follow:
- What are the key links between national security, energy, and the economy?
- What are the national security challenges and benefits of developing a clean energy economy in the United States?
- How can DOD contribute to America’s eco- nomic and national security while addressing its own energy challenges?
APPROVED FOR DISTRIBUTION
- Pages: 49
- Document Number: MAB3book_8-3-2010
- Publication Date: 7/5/2010