CNA’s Resources and Force Readiness Division provides insightful, data-driven analysis for critical resource allocation problems facing the Navy, Marine Corps, and other Department of Defense components and agencies. Our study teams use a wide range of state-of-the-art quantitative and qualitative methods and vast data repositories to help military and civilian leaders make critical decisions on human resources, population health, infrastructure, environment, energy, and budget-related challenges.
We recruit our staff of approximately 60 analysts from many of the finest universities in the United States. About 70 percent of our researchers hold PhDs—in economics, operations research, data science, public health, statistics, psychology, and mathematics. Study directors organize their teams with the right combination of education, experience, and analytical skills to provide high-quality analysis to
support decision-making by key leaders in a variety of organizations, including:
- Office of the Chief of Naval Operations
- Office of the Commandant of the Marine Corps
- Office of the Secretary of Defense
- Office of the Secretary of the Navy
- Bureau of Medicine and Surgery
- US Pacific Fleet
- US Fleet Forces Command
- Other field commands across the globe.
Distribution A. Approved for Public Release; Distribution Unlimited
- Document Number: DMM-2021-U-031023-Final
- Publication Date: 10/1/2021