College Readiness Summer Professional Development Forum
August 4, 2015 Location: Tallahassee, FL
Through its evaluation of the Florida College and Career Ready Initiative (FCCRI), CNA Education researchers learned that there is very little collaboration between Florida’s K-12 and postsecondary educators around the issue of preparing students for college and careers. CNA partnered with Tallahassee Community College to offer a workshop on preparing students for the transition to college.
The workshop aimed to model how districts and colleges can work together to increase college attendance rates. Attendees learned about pathways to well-paying careers, how to succeed in college, and ways to inform high school students about meta-majors at Florida state colleges.
For the agenda, click here.Presentations:
- Tallahassee Professional Development Forum: College Readiness
- Collaboration and Preparing Students for Success
- Florida's College and Career Readiness Initiatives
- The TCC Foundation: Building Opportunities for Student Scholarships
- Financial Aid Facts
- Pathways to College and Career Success
- Foundations of College Mathematics at Tallahassee Community College: Bridging the Gap Between High School and College Readiness
- Developmental Communications and College Success: Tallahassee Community College
- Helping Students Succeed in College: Student Support Services at TCC
- Welcome to the Learning Commons: One-Stop Learning Support
- Helping Students Succeed in College: Continuing to Explore Meta‐Majors and Career Pathways in Gateway Courses