Inclusive National Security
Racism and Cybersecurity
- April 9 from 12—1p.m. EDT
The private discussion will be held from 1—1:30 p.m. (applications closed)
- Moderated discussion with Camille Stewart, Head of Security Policy for Google Play and Android, and Royal Hansen, Vice President of Security at Google.
- Moderated by Dr. Veronica Santos, UCLA Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering and Bioengineering; Associate Dean of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion and Faculty Affairs
Racism and the Work of Diplomacy
- May 19 from 5–6 p.m. EDT
The private discussion will be held from 6–6:30 p.m. (applications closed).
- Keynote address and Q&A with Ambassador (ret.) Gina Abercrombie-Winstanley, a 30-year diplomat who is currently the Diplomat in Residence at Oberlin College.
- Moderator TBA
Deconstructing National Security Disciplines: Anti-Racism on the Page
- June 17 from 12:30–1:30 p.m. EDT
The private discussion will be held from 1:30–2:30 p.m. (applications closed).
- Keynote address and Q&A with Professor Meera Sabaratnam, a Senior Lecturer at the University of London whose work focuses on issues of race and racism in international relations.
- Moderator TBA
RACISM IN TERRORISM AND COUNTERTERRORISM
This event, the first in CNA’s Inclusive National Security initiative, was held in partnership with Black Women in International Affairs (BWINTAF) on February 23.
- KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Lieutenant General Michael Nagata (U.S. Army, ret.), a Strategic Advisor and Senior Vice President at CACI, and formerly the Director of Strategic Operational Planning for the U.S. National Counterterrorism Center, 2016 to 2019.
- MODERATOR: Dr. Samer Shehata, Associate Professor in Middle East Studies in the Department of International and Area Studies at the University of Oklahoma.
- Read the Event Summary