CNA's Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
CNA is committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and environment.
Employees with differing points of view, frames of reference, and broad ranges of life experiences bring an energy and unique advantage that is essential to delivering on our mission.
At CNA, we believe diversity and inclusion reﬂects the world in which we live.
It creates a dynamic work environment that fosters trust, innovation, and excellence, while providing an atmosphere where every employee feels respected, motivated, and empowered to perform at a peak level.
Message from the CEO
Having employees with different points of view, frames of reference and broad ranges of life experiences bring an energy and unique advantage that is essential to delivering on our mission.Watch Katherine McGrady talk about Diversity & Inclusion at CNA
Our Strategy and Goals
CNA has developed a concrete set of goals to guide our work and hold ourselves accountable:
- Workforce Diversity: Build and grow/develop a diverse high-performing workforce by recruiting from a diverse, qualiﬁed group of potential applicants representative of all segments of the US.
- Workplace Inclusion: Create a dynamic and inclusive work environment that fosters trust, innovation and excellence, while providing an atmosphere where every employee feels respected, motivated and empowered to perform at a peak level.
- Leadership: Equip leaders with the ability to build and sustain a diverse and inclusive workplace while creating a dynamic environment that fosters trust, innovation, and excellence.
To measure our progress and achieve our goals, we have created strategies and speciﬁc actions, led and facilitated by employees at all levels and from all backgrounds.
Our Current Initiatives:
Three Pillars of Diversity and Inclusion
CNA's Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Working Groups are an integral part of the overall D&I strategy. There are three cross-functional, employee-led working groups called "Pillars." The pillars were selected by CNA leadership.
- The Environment at CNA working group will ensure CNA's environment is conducive to retaining a diverse workforce. It will determine today's D&I environment baseline, identify key issues and establish an implementation plan to address them. Activities include brown bags, training, and annual D&I event.
- The Hiring Pipeline working group supports CNA’s effort to develop a diverse workforce. The group explores and develops options for increasing the diversity of CNA's candidate pipeline, whether that is gender, race, academic qualiﬁcations and other demographics. The Hiring Pipeline working group also partners with Human Resources to oversee the Campus Engagement Initiative.
- The Speaker Series working group introduces and engages CNA staff with a variety of perspectives on diversity and inclusion. It explores emerging evidence of the impact of those differing perspectives on organizational functioning. The Speaker Series hopes to build a conversation around the D&I key issues found at baseline and share research on the impact of D&I in the workplace.
Employee Resource Groups
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are employee-led groups formed around common interests and bonds, or similar backgrounds and allow members to advocate for a better, more inclusive workplace and business practices. All of CNA's ERGs are voluntary and open to any employee.
Current ERGS include Pride @ CNA, SupportHers, Collaboration Corner and Working Parents.
Employees are always encouraged to charter and lead new ERGs!
CNA Recruits at
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Catholic University of America
- Cornell University
- Duke University
- Florida A&M *
- George Mason University
- Georgia Tech
- Georgetown University
- George Washington University
- Harvard University
- Howard University *
- John Hopkins University
- Jackson State *
- Marymount University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Morgan State *
- North Carolina AT&T *
- North Carolina State University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Princeton University
- Purdue University
- Stanford University
- Texas A&M University
- Tufts University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Florida
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- University of Maryland
- University of Miami
- University of Michigan
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Texas
- University of Virginia
- University of Wisconsin
- Virginia Tech
Diversity & Inclusion Partners
If you have any questions about CNA’s D&I efforts, please reach out to Tomi Fadeyi-Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org.