Throughout CNA employees, in small groups and through individual efforts, are making a difference in the quality of their communities and in the lives of their friends, neighbors, and the many who are in need. Through innumerable acts of kindness and concern and commitments of time and boundless energy, a culture has grown within the organization that shows that extraordinary acts by ordinary people can make a difference in the world.
Watch the "CNA in the Community" video to meet just a few CNA employees and learn about the causes they're involved with and passionate about.
Giving back to the community is a priority at CNA and the Educational & Charitable Fund Committee (ECFC) reflects the commitment to community that is felt throughout our organization. Through ECFC, we pursues efforts to:
- Establish CNA as a positive, responsible civic partner and contribute to cultural and human service activities that enrich the quality of life in our communities
- Promote the arts, health, education, welfare, and environment of the communities in which we live and work
- Identify and implement charitable activities to serve community needs
- Encourage and facilitate employee involvement in community work and reinforce the public-interest ethic to which our organization is dedicated
- Help our fellow employees overcome catastrophic or temporary financial hardship.
Charitable work carried out by the dedicated men and women of CNA include clothing and food drives, book sales, raffles, winter coat drives, disaster relief work, art sales, drives to collect school supplies, and holiday gift drives. Some of the beneficiaries of CNA employee fundraising and volunteer efforts include: ALIVE! Alexandria, Carpenter’s Shelter, the Center for Disaster Philanthropy Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund, Dress for Success, John Adams Elementary School, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, Project Giveback, Red Cross, Salvation Army, Stop Hunger Now, and TrailsforYouth.org. CNA employees also participate in tutoring programs in the Arlington area.
Through a unique arrangement with the Department of the Navy, CNA also participates in the federal government's Combined Federal Campaign for the National Capital Area, giving our employees another means to support local and national charities through large and small donations that, collectively, help to make the campaign successful year after year.